TMP: Vale of Pnath, Cannabis Corpse, Ihsahn, and More!
You ever have one of those weeks where you’re not really looking forward to anything? It’s one of those weeks for me. At least there’s some decent new music to check out.
Vale of Pnath and Virvum have some US dates in a few months.
Brandon Small’s Galaktikon project released a song. Album out August 25.
Aborted released a new Aborted song for Aborted fans. (TY Jimmy)
Leng Tch’e released another grinding track. Album out August 25.
Cannabis Corpse’s aptly named album Left Hand Pass will be out September 8. Here’s the first track.
- Rad instrumental prog dudes (and TovH Porcelain Throne inductees) Toundra began writing a new album.
- Darkest Hour made a mini tour documentary.
- Hundred Suns (ex-Every Time I Die and current Norma Jean) released a song, album out August 11.
- Ihsahn is already tracking a new album.
- Blind Guardian released a new live video for their album out July 7.
- I can’t tell if my TesseracT fandom has just totally died since their first album, or if this new song is just pure fucking garbage.
- Venom Prison has been nominated for the Heavy Music Awards as “Best Breakthrough Band”
- The Haunted released a new video. It’s loud, but doesn’t do much for me (should it?).
- Melvins released a new song.
- Members of Extol and the less edgy Shining are teaming up for a project called Fleshkiller.
- Death metal band Mitochondrion booked studio time.
- Mildly curious to see if Veil of Maya are going to attempt to keep djent going on the album they are finishing recording.
- Napalm Death, Brujeria, and Lock-Up are touring the down-under.
- Grave Pleasures signed a deal with Century Media, new album due out in October.
- Gigan’s new material was mentioned in TDT last week, but deserves a second mention.
- Experimental sludge/doom dudes Zaraza released a new track.
- Cobalt released a new video from Slow Forever.
And now, a dump of new music that I don’t feel like looking up genres for: