Just a little bit of big news, but a whole lot of little news this week.
Metallica has a new song. Listen to “Moth into Flame” below:
Battlecross is headlining a tour with Allegaeon and Necromancing the Stone. Members of the Armed Forces get free tickets, which is pretty rad of them.
I usually don’t write about gimmicky stuff, but this is actually pretty cool. Post-hardcore band Night Verses’ drummer Aric Improta teamed up with Anup Sastry and drummers from Protest the Hero, Dillinger Escape Plan, and bunch more to make a song.
For our two power metal fans, Hammerfall released a new song. I don’t remember this part of 300.
Mithras released yet another track off the October 21 release of On Strange Loops.
- Superjoint (Anselmo and others) are streaming a new track at Revolver. Album out November 11.
- Randy Blythe is filling in as the vocalist for Eyehategod.
- Animals as Leaders announced their fourth album for all you instrumental freaks. Also a November 11 release.
- Take Over and Destroy are streaming a new song here.
- Long time thrashers Witchery announced a new album. Look for that November 25.
- You can hear new tracks by Red Fang and The Dillinger Escape Plan on the BBC Radio Rock Show.
- After their guitarist passed away earlier this year, prog band Riverside decided not to replace him and keep going as a trio.
- Hardcore/punk band Nomeansno announced their retirement.
- Artificial Brain have a rough master of their new record. More info to follow.
- Sabbath Assembly posted a little piece of them playing a new song live.
- Dark Tranquility post a new song, but I’m too dumb to understand how to access it.