The Monday Press: Voivod, Bölzer, Blut aus Nord and More!
I have gathered you here today to talk about all the streams, tours, and album announcements from the past few days. Get your wallets ready.
Intronaut, Entheos, and Moon Tooth are touring this summer. I am super excited to see two of those bands, so I’ll be at the Worcester, MA show if anyone wants to meet up. I would say to look for the least metal-looking guy there, but there will be a bunch of Evan Brewer fans, so that might not work.
To contrast my prog-centric tour news, I should also mention a Venom Inc. and Necrophagia tour.
Not enough tours, you say? Voivod are touring the US and Canada soon with King Parrot and Child Bite. “Child bite king parrot” sounds like a text you would get that makes you leave work for a family emergency.
I forgot if people like Whitechapel. If you do, here is some new Whitechapel streaming from Metal Blade.
Fresh off the new Deftones release, Chino Moreno has a new side project called Saudade (people are using that word “supergroup” again for no apparent reason). The first song they released is actually quite weird and enjoyable.
Wayfarer are continuing to kick ass in the atmospheric black metal realm. Stream their new track below. Album out June 17th.
- Bölzer have entered the studio according to the Iron Bonehead Productions Facebook page.
- Stereogum is hosting the stream of the new Withered song, so head there for some blackened death.
- Destroyer 666 have a little Australian tour in November. I usually don’t put things in the news that are 6 months away, but maybe you need that long to plan a trip to see these guys, because apparently they won’t be appearing at Maryland Death Fest because of visa issues.
- London death metal group Grave Miasma, who will be playing Maryland Death Fest, are streaming their new album, Endless Pilgrimage over at Stereogum.
- Blut Aus Nord is working on a new album according to their Facebook page.
- Wolves in the Throne Room are re-releasing their 2006 album Diadem Of 12 Stars on June 17th. Also here are some North American tour dates.
- Periphery announced the tour to support their upcoming album, and are bringing along SikTh, CHON, and Toothgrinder. Also, their bassist announced that he will no longer be touring with the group, but is still going to be in the band on the recording side of things.
- SUNN O)}] are releasing a triple-LP live album called NOLIFE: Alive in Moscow August 11 2015 at the end of May. I thought this was news, until I saw that they have almost 100 live recordings for sale. Also, tour dates.
What did I miss? News it up!