We got a whole bunch of news gathered for you this week. Get informed!
Lord Dying are touring the US with Black Fast, Child Bite, and Joel Grind, which I hear is a grind band that only plays 80’s Joel (not really) starting in August. Check those dates, and also some dates for Lord Dying, Entombed, and Voivod in Europe here.
Plebeian Grandstand and Pyrrhon announced a summer US tour.
I swear I feel like I am covering a tour of at least one of these bands every week, but here’s a reminder that the Psycroptic, Beyond Creation, and The Zenith Passage tour is starting.
Let’s thrash it up! Skeletonwitch have a new excellent song out. EP is coming August 19th.
Insomnium released the cover art for their upcoming album. Winter’s Gate will be out September 23rd.
- Saor, the Scottish atmospheric metal dude, is the latest to join the subscription based method of providing music to fans. Check it out on bandcamp.
- Atmospheric black metal band Vattnet Viskar changed their name to just Vattnet, and also are now on bandcamp. Oddly, most of the discography is bulked into one “album” which was only on sale for a very short time, so I have no idea what they are up to.
- Pallbearer starting tracking their next album, and are touring the US with Baroness in August.
- The Rhode Island festival, Anticosmic Music Fest, had to drop Make a Change… Kill Yourself and Angantyr due to visa issues. They were replaced with Absu and Kult of Azazel. The festival takes place July 22nd and 23rd.
- Looks like you might not have to wait until November for new Vader, as they will have a special 10” EP coming out in August as well.
- Opeth are off of Roadrunner and onto Nuclear Blast, and their next album will probably sound like the last few.
- Decibel is streaming Unmerciful’s first new song of their new album. It’s death metal.
- Necronomicon are doing a big Canadian tour.
- Ranger, speed metal from Finland, is done recording their next album.
- Barathrum (Finnish black metal) are recording their first full length since 2005, according to…sources.