Fresh from the streets after begging passersby for extra weekend minutes, I am here to deliver The Monday Press. Hopefully at least one of these bits of news will help get you through the grind.
Meshuggah is back in the studio and they released a short clip of “studio footage” (it’s really not worth watching) on their facebook page. Unrelated, and far less interesting, a new cafe in Kansas City just opened called Meshuggah Bagels, and it has nothing to do with metal whatsoever [Meshuggah is derived from the Yiddish word for “crazy,” so they were probably going for “Crazy Bagels.” – W.].
Iced Earth will be headlining MTV’s Headbangers Ball tour this year.
A really weird thing called Fest 15, or maybe it is just called The Fest, I have no idea (bad marketing), in Gainsville, FL announced their first round of bands. It’s an… interesting lineup to say the least. Mostly trash, but also Propagandhi and Iron Regan?
Hierophant is going on a west coast / Mexico tour soon.
May 21 San Diego, CA @ Tower Bar
May 22 Spring Valley, CA @ Bancroft Bar
May 23 Fullerton, CA @ Programme UQ
May 24 Oakland, CA @ Golden Bull
May 25 Portland, OR @ Blackwater Bar *
May 26 Olympia, WA @ Le Voyeur *
May 27 Caldwell, ID @ Android House *
May 28 Salt Lake City, UT @ The Underground *
May 29 Las Vegas, NV @ Womb Room *
May 30 Phoenix, AZ @ 51 West *
May 31 Pomona, CA @ PBW *
June 1 Tijuana Baja California @ You Revolution
June 2 Guadalajara Jalisco @ La Kalaka
June 3 Monterrey Nuevo Leon @ Cafe Iguana
June 4 Matamoros Tamaulipas @ Cafe Nahual
June 5 Mexico Distrito Federal @ Gato Calavera
Rad instrumental dudes, If These Trees Could Talk, have an album coming out June 3rd. Check out the new track below, which I am enjoying quite a bit. Get more information and pre-order here.
Akercocke released a new song on Sunday.
- Experimetal group, Psalm Zero, has a new album coming this July called Stranger to Violence. Check out the full press release here.
- Carcass is going on a tour all over the US with Crowbar, Ghoul, and Night Demon starting in July. Check out the dates here.
- Vader has a new album, entertainingly called The Empire, that is coming in September according to their Facebook page.
- Southwest Terror Fest in Tuscon, AZ has has a complete lineup now. Acts include Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer, and two Aaron Turner projects that aren’t Isis.
- My man-crush, Daniel Gildenlöw of Pain of Salvation, announced that the new album will be called In the Passing Light of Day, and is a return to their heavier roots. I feel like bands say that a lot and don’t deliver, so I am skeptical, but excited.
- Ghost Bath merch for Moonlover is going back on sale soon after being sold out for awhile. Nuclear Blast is restocking and taking pre-orders that will be released on June 10th. I think there might be a bonus track too.
- Candlemass has a new EP coming June 3rd called Death Thy Lover, stream the title track here.
- Progressive post-hardcore band The Fall of Troy is giving out their new album, OK, for free and going on a massive world tour. Dates and link to download are here.
What did I miss? Keep the news printer rolling in the comments!