This week is a cluster of AOTY madness, but there are still other things happening in the metal world. Apparently artists aren’t bound by our arbitrary delineation of listen season. Jerks.
A documentary about Chuck Schuldiner is in the making. You should read the following statement by Eric Greif (one of its makers) and take part in its funding here.
”Hey DEATH people! Its been awhile since I last posted. Just had a toe amputated, so my personal life has been impacted by health stuff (as usual). BUT, I have been keeping very busy on the DEATH front – the SBG reissue is looking awesome for early next year, the tabs book is out for Christmas, and a few other things are in the works. For me the biggest thing is our documentary on Chuck & DEATH: DEATH by MetaL – here’s the trailer. Director Felipe Belalcazar and I have been doing this thing on our own, so help us continue to fund it with t-shirt sales. Anyway, as I’ve said before, please don’t wrap yourselves up in Chuck sadness come Decembe 13 – instead, love Chuck and his music all year round, and save the tributes for May 13: his birthday! Love you all. \m/ ERIC”
Prog metal band Amoral will release their new album, In Sequence some time in the future. Now, you can view the album’s cover art and listen to the new song Rude Awakening below. It’s the band’s first song to feature three guitars as well as returning vocalist Niko Kalliojärvi in addition to Ari Koivunen, who sounds really good – which has not been given.
In Other News
- Cannibal Corpse announced a tour with Obituary, Cryptopsy and Abysmal Dawn.
- Venomous Concept released a new song, “Rise“, from the new album Kick Me Silly; VC III will be released on January 8th.
- Agoraphobic Nosebleed will release their new EP, called Arc, on the 22nd day of January.
- Ignite released a new song, it is called Nothing Can Stop Me.
- The Body has released quite a lot of material this year, and their collaboration with Full of Hell is coming soon as well. In my opinion it’s too much, too fast. But now they have released a new “solo” song, “Shelter is Illusory“, (you can also pre-order the album through that link), and it is good. More atmospheric than I have come to expect from them, but good.
- On January 22nd The Casualties will release a new album, called Chaos Sounds, and have released a song called “Running Through the Night“.
- That same day (January 22nd, ya dingus) will see the release of Coup de Grace, The Resistance’s sophomore full-length.
- Magrudergrind will release II in February and have debuted a new song, “Sacrificial Hire”, here.
- A new video for “Carpet Bombing” was released by Shrapnel Storm.
- Zvi is going to release a new album, Zvi II: Death Stops Us All, in February 2016 in Cassette and Digital Formats via Halfpear Records
- It seems that Neil Peart is about to call it quits.
Got any other news? Let us know if we missed something in the comments!